4 Tube Avo Clock Module MK II
A Fully Assembled and tested 4 tube IN-12 Nixie clock module designed to fit inside Avo-8 MK III and earlier range of test meters
The Module is designed as a replacement for the original Avo meter movement. It is also completely reversable, should you wish to turn your clock back into a meter!
The process is fairy simple - Remove the cover off the Avo, unscrew the battery box from the casing and then there are 2 screws that hold the dial movement to the front panel. Unsolder the 2 wires that connect the movement to the front panel. Carefully remove the original movement and keep safe if you plan to reuse. The Nixie module then just screws in where the original movement used to fit.
You will need to make some small holes in the rear of the case for the power connector and 2 switches and then reassemble
- Hours / Minutes and Date display on four IN-12B nixie tubes with 16mm digit height
- Super accurate RTC chip - accuracy +/- 1 Minute per year
- Very Simple time setting using two buttons.
- 12 or 24 hour modes.
- Standard, fading, or crossfading with scrollback display modes.
- Fully programmable Backlight colour
- Optional WiFi interface ( soon ) to allow you to control from a web browser and get the time off the internet
- Tube life in excess of 20 years
- Machine assembled reliable Surface Mount board
Should take no more than half an hour to convert, comes with power adaptor / switches / wires that you will need to convert.
NOTE! There is 170v DC on the board when running - Only purchase if you are competent and understand this will need to be wired and housed safely once completed.