4 Tube Avo Clock Module
A Fully Assembled and tested 4 tube IN-12 Nixie clock module designed to fit inside Avo-8 MK III and earlier range of test meters
The Module is designed as a replacement for the original dial - there are no components of the original Avo that are destroyed or damaged. If you keep the parts you remove, then if you ever wanted too you could reassemble the Avo back to it's original state.
The process is fairy simple - Remove the cover off the Avo, unscrew the battery box from the casing and then there are 2 screws that hold the dial movement to the front panel. Unsolder the 2 wires that connect the movement to the front panel, and then the dial assembly comes away. You can then unscrew the dial from the movement, leaving the chassis, and then unscrew the little mirror and put to one side with the dial plate. It is then just a matter of fitting the new dial plate, and screwing the clock module to it. You will need to drill 3 holes in the rear of the case for the buttons and the power socket, and then plug it together.
- Hours and Minutes display on four IN-12B nixie tubes with 16mm digit height
- Quartz accuracy for timekeeping, with adjustment if clock gains or looses over time
- Simple time setting using two buttons.
- 12 or 24 hour modes.
- Standard, fading, or crossfading with scrollback display modes.
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes or prevent sleep disturbance.
In the picture I've got while LED's fitted but you can have any colour you wish, just ask at time of ordering. Comes complete with all screws / fixings / buttons and power adaptor - all you need is an old Avo and about half an hour to put it all together.