Cold War Geiger Counter Clock DP-66 Animated
Original Cold War DP-66 Geiger Counter Nixie Clock
These are Polish DP-66 Geiger Counters, as used in the Cold War that have been carefully dismantled, cleaned up and converted into a rather unusual Nixie Clock. I've kept all the original featured of the counter, even the dial still glows in the dark if you unplug it! Great for fans of the computer games Half Life / Fallout / Bio Shock etc, as they are original period items.
This is a special Animated version where the dial is working, and shows seconds - taking a full minute to go from one side to the other. There is also an added light level sensor to dim the tubes when it gets dark.
The clock has a 4 tube Nixie clock, as well as a pulsing Neon on the front. In the clip above, the LED tube lights have been set to pulse green - although you can change this in the settings very easily.
- Time and Date display on four vertical Z570M side view tubes.
- 12 or 24hr display modes.
- Animated from dial
- Nixie tubes can last in excess of 20 years before needing replacement
- Accurate to +/- 1 minute per year.
- Plug and go! No need to download an app or use a smartphone
- Light sensor to automatically dim the tubes
- Simple time setting using two buttons.
- Programmable sleep mode to dim at night and wake in the morning.
- Programmable RGB tube lights with many colour and mode options.
The counter measures 18cm wide, 10cm deep and 10cm tall - going up to 14cm tall to the top of the tubes. The dial area measures 7.5cm X 4cm. Individually signed and numbered on the rear by Paul Parry.
Note, these are all Ex-Military surplus and may vary slightly from counter to counter, i.e. different style of knob on various models.