Art Deco Desk Clock Coral
This is an original Smiths Sectric desk clock case - circa 1940 made from bakelite with a lovely chrome ring. Smiths made thousands of them, and they came in all manner of gaudy colours as well as this rather nice coral / pink marble effect.
Where the original movement used to go I've fitted a neat 4 tube Nixie clock where you read the hours across the top two tubes and the minutes across the bottom two tubes, a pair of little glowing lights help divide the hours from the minutes. In the middle is a little light level sensor to automatically dim the tubes in the dark.
- Time and Date displayed on 4 off Z5600M front facing Nixie tubes
- Accurate to +/- 1 minute per year
- Subtle LED illumination
- Tube life in excess of 20 years
- Auto light level sensor
- Easy to set with just 2 buttons
- Indivually signed and numbered
Very elegant little bakelite desk clock, measuring 13cm x 13cm x 6cm deep