Improved Aural Coherer
The 'Improved Aural Coherer' A lovely Steampunk clock that has a little screen on the front that responds to music or sound so you have an always changing display to watch!
Made from an old resistance box dating back to the 1920's, completely dismantled and cleaned up and then kitted out with a great 6 tube Nixie clock and sound sentitive display. At the bottom of the clock are a couple of buttons that change the display mode, there's also a little microphone on the front and a light level sensor for the tube brightness. On top are 6 Z570M Nixie tubes and a custom made and engraved solid brass plate. A very unique piece that is going to attract a lot of attention and interest!
- 6 Tube Nixie clock showing time and date on 6 Z570M Nixie Tubes
- 21 sement audio display with many different display modes
- Tube life in excess of 20 years
- Adjustable audio sensitivity
- One off piece signed by Paul Parry on the rear
- Accurate to +/- 1 minute per year
- Easy to set with just 2 buttons
- Plug and go! No need to download an app or use a smartphone
The Improved Aural Cohere measures 28cm wide x 10cm deep x 22cm tall to the top of the tubes.