Heritage Avo-8 MK III Nixie Clock
Only 1 items left in stock
The Heritage Avo-8 MK III Nixie Clock
This is an original Bakelite 1950's Avo - 8 that has been carefully upcycled into a great little Nixie Clock. It's the much older Avo with the characteristic curved dial that is instantly recognisable.
In order to fit the Nixie tubes in, a carefully curved circuit board was designed and then the original dial recreated with the holes in the right place for the tubes. Everything behind the glass is new, the bakelite casing and controls on the front are all original to the instrument. No two of these Heritage Avo clocks will be the same, the casings all bear marks and labels they aquired throughout their life with each one being used as an invaluable measuring device back in their day.
Now at the MK III version, and you can change the backlight colour in the settings ( defaults blue ) it now also displays the date and has an inbuilt light level sensor so it will automatically dim down the Nixie tubes in the evening when it gets dark, or if used as a bedside clock.
We've sold several of these as retirement gifts for Electricians and Engineers, we can also offer an engraved battery cover with a suitable message on there for £30 - there's an example in one of the pictures, just contact us if you need this.
- Hours and Minutes and Date display on four IN-12B nixie tubes with 16mm digit height - tube life in excess of 20 years
- Dedicated RTC chip, accurate to +/1 minute over a year
- Simple time setting using two buttons. One for Hours, another for Minutes.
- Plug and go! No need to download an app or use a smartphone
- 12 or 24 hour modes.
- Programmable backlight colour and effects.
- Standard, fading, or crossfading with scrollback display modes.
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes or prevent sleep disturbance.
- Made from an original 1950's piece of test equipment.
The Meter measures about 17cm wide, 19cm tall and 10cm deep.