Heritage Avo-8 Blue
The Heritage Avo-8 Nixie Clock
This is an original Bakelite 1950's Avo - 8 that has been carefully upcycled into a great little Nixie Clock. It's the much older Avo with the characteristic curved dial that is instantly recognisable.
In order to fit the Nixie tubes in, a carefully curved circuit board was designed and then the original dial recreated with the holes in the right place for the tubes. Everything behind the glass is new, the bakelite casing and controls on the front are all original to the instrument. No two of these Heritage Avo clocks will be the same, the casings all bear marks and labels they aquired throughout their life with each one being used as an invaluable measuring device back in their day.
We make the Heritage Avo clock in two versions, one with a blue backlight and one with a warm white backlight. However if you would like a different colour then please just ask and we can make one to order for you.
- Hours and Minutes display on four IN-12B nixie tubes with 16mm digit height - tube life in excess of 20 years
- Quartz accuracy for timekeeping, with adjustment if clock gains or looses over time
- Simple time setting using two buttons.
- 12 or 24 hour modes.
- Standard, fading, or crossfading with scrollback display modes.
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes or prevent sleep disturbance.
- Made from an original 1950's piece of test equipment.
The Meter measures about 17cm wide, 19cm tall and 10cm deep.