Cold War RS-70 Mini Geiger
The RS-70 was a Polish made radiation detector designed to be worn around the neck, and would beep and light up if the wearer entered an area of high radiation.
Once stood upright and upcycled, they make wonderful and interesting desk clocks! Made from Bakelite, each one has the original year of manufacture stamped into the front. The clock uses our latest generation electronics, and is feature packed and super easy to set with an hour button and a minute button respectively. Once you've set the time you can then just leave it to run with an accuracy of +/- 1 minute a year.
Or, if you like playing with settings, then there is a whole booklet that comes with the clock so you can pretty well adjust and fiddle with everything.
- Time and Date display on 4 IN-12 Nixie tubes
- Tube life in excess of 20 years
- Full colour RGB programmable back lighting with various display modes
- Light sensor, so it automatically dims at night
- Battery backed time, will retain time for up to 3 years without clock powered.
- Programmable Blanking
- Anti Cathode Poisoning
- Each clock individually signed and numbered
The clock measures 16cm wide, 8cm deep and stands 18cm tall