TA-57 Cold War Telephone
Only 2 items left in stock
To compliment the Cold War Geiger counters that I make, I've aquired some Military field telephones from the same period to convert. These are Russian TA-57 telephones and date from 1968 - 1975 from what I could find out. I have left as much of the telephone intact as possible, I've even re-wired the internals so the handle on the side will ring the bell when turned. They are display pieces now, so they are not designed to be opened and the handset can not be removed from the base. Also these are original Ex-Military pieces some 50 years old and will have the odd mark / knock / blemish.
The clock features 4 of the Z570M Nixie tubes, and also incorporates a light sensor to dim the tubes at night.
- 4 off German Z570M Nixie tubes
- Tube life in excess of 20 years
- Accurate to +/- 1 minute per year
- Easy to set with just 2 buttons
- 12 / 24hr mode selectable
- Programable RGB backlight that can also be turned off
- Made from an original Military Field Telephone
The construction is Bakelite, and measures 17cm wide x 10cm deep x 14cm tall to the top of the tubes